Monday, October 17, 2011

And It Begins...

After an Ironman there is a short time (alright maybe long time) where you feel lost.  Last week, I felt lost.  I need structure, and I work well with goals in mind.  I only have one race that I'm registered for...and it's not until next September!  It's time to start that base training once again.  Nothing crazy, nothing intense, just boring base work.  I find this to be the most important work of the year though!  Without doing base training the "intense" stuff that you do won't really stick.  It's mid-October, and for the next couple of months it's time to build an engine.  The only way to do it is to work, day in and out.  It's not flashy, not necessarily hard...but it has to be consistent.  So that's the key to this off season...CONSISTENCY.  I have written down some short term and long term goals.  Some of you know the long term ones, and I'm not going to put them out here.  I have them in my head, and I have reminders that I can see.  My training leading up to Kona was solid, but I know where I could have been better.  I learned a lot about myself with that training, and I think that I can improve even more.  It all has to start somewhere...here it goes!

I think we need some of these signs out on the Plainfield/Oswego/Naperville Loop

A great feeling to finish...much better than the previous Ironman finish, I have a better idea of what it will take to improve upon this...that's one of the goals...but not the one that will drive me the most!

1 comment:

KATe said...

YAAAA!!! way to go!!!
UR fav student KATEEE!!!