Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Posers...

So I'm going to get a rant out of the way with really quick.  We all workout for personal reasons, we have personal goals that we want to achieve.  Sure there are people who are competitive, trust me I'm one of those people...probably a bit too competitive, but then there are the posers.  The people who "think" they're in the know, who "think" they are far better than they are and who "think" they deserve others to bow down to them.  If there is one thing (well let's be serious there are many things) that I can't stand, it would have to be the poser.  It's the guy (or girl, trust me I don't discriminate because there are plenty of female posers too) who talks a big game and doesn't deliver.  This person always has excuses as to why they didn't perform...I got home late, I was sick, I didn't eat breakfast, I went off course, I got kicked in the face during the swim, my tire pressure was low, my bike wouldn't shift, there was a rock in my shoe...and the list could go on and on.  How about you just fess up and say you didn't do the work, or better yet do your best and be happy with it.  If you're not happy with it shut your mouth and do the work so that you can be happy with the effort you put out, or the result you earned. 

I could go on and on about this, but I'll cut it short.  There are people out there who are amazing athletes, and I have so much more respect for them when they are humble!  So many of my teammates on the Zoot Ultra Team totally kill it out on the race course...yet you'd never know it by talking to them.  They go out there and do the work, day in and day out.  I have learned a great deal from these teammates, and they definitely help me to stay motivated to put the work in.  Please if you think I'm acting like a poser described above call me out on it because it's the last thing I want to be.

This morning was the typical Tuesday ride at Endure It.  We had a nice aerobic set and I'm happy to see my power numbers where they are, let's hope I can continue to improve upon these numbers through the winter.  The sunrise this morning wasn't quite as nice as last week...but it was still worth snapping a picture of.


This off season has been going well so far, although some would say I haven't really been taking off.  I'm still working out, but I'm doing what I want, when I want to...if you've done an Ironman you know how it messes with your mind...I do have to admit that Ironman is kind of winning the mind battle right now, but I am trying.  I've been riding my cross bike to work most days (if it's crappy weather I'll take the belt drive 29er) and riding that bike has to be one of the highlights of my day.



I find myself searching for grass and gravel on the ride home from school...if there is mud I think the bike automatically aims for it.  It's the perfect mix of speed with some off-road capabilities, bombing around on this thing makes riding super fun.  I doubt I'm going to jump into a cyclocross race though...I think I'll let my competitive juices build up a bit...they have been tapped from a long season of racing triathlon.

No comments: