Monday, October 24, 2011

Ramble On...

The weather this weekend was awesome!!!  And my weekend was awesome too!  Computrainer season "officially" started up again this past week, although I'm not sure it ever ended for me.  It's nice to have a fun group of motivated people ready to work at 5:30 in the morning.  Definitely helps me to stay focused and get the work done as well.

I'm two weeks out from Ironman Hawaii and although my tan is fading (if not gone already) I think I'm more motivated and balanced now than I have been in a long time.  I have a better idea of what it takes to put together a solid Ironman race, and I'm ready to put in that work.  Obviously I'm not going too crazy and I'm not worrying about numbers all that much (though I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about power numbers on the bike) and it's been fun to get out and train.  Yesterday I ran the loop at Waterfall Glen in reverse, which I think is typically more difficult.  It was so much fun to be out there, just running on an amazing day with the leaves falling.  I ended up with a much faster pace than I wanted, or anticipated...I guess I'll just roll with it.

I'm really looking to stay consistent for all three sports while adding in some solid strength work as well.  So today starts my gym routine, I know I'm going to be mega sore from it...but I can't wait!  I love lifting and I'm going to make it a real goal to be consistent with my gym time in addition to swim/bike/run.

No comments: