Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kona - Day 3

This town gets more crazy by the minute!  People racing up and down Alii Drive, trying to crush the bike out on the Queen K and wearing their race kits everywhere.  Today was an awesome day.  Started with a little ride out to the Energy Lab to meet up with the Zoot crew for a photo shoot.  Not that I've been to the moon, but if I had to guess the Energy Lab is what it might look like.  After the shoot I got in a little swim, the ocean was still super rough, but is supposed to clear up tomorrow so that's a definite benefit.  The rest of the day was all about getting some free stuff and chillin at the beach with Cory and Katie.

The entrance to the Energy Lab

You can't ride in there...strictly running

There was a cruise ship in town today, so things were that much more crowded

The Lapinski Kids Chillin Beachside

Me and Katie, she claims the sunscreen I got didn't work yesterday

Cory and Katie Enjoying Hawaii


Tonight the awesome Zoot crew had us over for dinner.  They have a sweet house on Ali'i Drive and hooked me up with some sweet swag.  I'm totally spoiled and the Zoot stuff is by far the coolest stuff here on the island!  Check out their limited edition Kona gear on http://www.zootsports.com/

Race day is getting closer and I can't wait to see what happens.  Thanks for all of the well wishes I do appreciate them, and I will try to reply.  Though it is EXTREMELY easy to get distracted here, so if I don't really I apologize.  Here is a shout out to the Chem/Phys classes, thanks for the comments...I'm sure I'll think of them as I'm in some major pain on Saturday!

1 comment:

Isamar and the gang said...

Good luck with the sthletic events!
Don't forget Kona Coffee and something feathery!

-Isamar and Miss Mac and Hami and Sophia!