Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kona - Day 2

Day 2 in Kona is in the books.  This town seems to get more crowded by the hour.  The water this morning was much rougher than yesterday.  Bird and I went down to Dig Me Beach to get a little swim in, after a couple hundred yards he decided to head back.  I cut it short too as I didn't want to expend a ton of energy, so I swam for about 20 minutes.  Basically out to the Coffee's of Hawaii Boat and then back into shore.  On my way out of the water I saw Dirk Bockel and Tim O'Donnell getting ready to hop in. 

After our swim we hung out at Lava Java for a bit before hitting up a ride with some of the Endure It Crew in town.  On our way to meet the Endure It Crew we saw Rinny heading out for a ride, gave her a quick good luck...slightly awkward...and then went on our way.  The Queen K was crowded today and everyone here seems to be racing everywhere!  The key is to keep things in check, I think I did a pretty good job of that today, as I didn't try to chase down Chris Lieto too long when he passed me...the dude can hammer!!

Sara and I getting ready for a ride.

A sign out on the Queen K

Cory, Katie, and I sitting on the sea wall

An amazing sunset in Kona!!


Sorry it's low on pictures today.  For some reason they are taking forever to load.  Tomorrow...another day in paradise.

5 comments:

Jon Guerrero said...

If ya aint first your last lapinksi- Jonathan Guerrero
YOu can do it!!!!!!!!
p.s dont soil your pants.

Love Chem/phys period 2

and your favorite student....JG

Kate Duffy said...

Hope your having fun! Hope its all going well! we all miss you lots! I mean your 2nd period class doesnt miss you as much as 4/5 does!!!! Sarah wants Dolphin. We all cheering for ya!
Love Period 4/5 and more importantly your favorite student Duffy

Anonymous said...

Been following your journey for a couple years. Congratulations on making your Kona dream happen and have a great race and, equally importantly, a Total Experience you will remember for the rest of your life!!

Jon Guerrero said...

Kate be quiet nobody wants to listen to you

Period 2

Griffin Brent said...

not getting involved in this tomfoolery but Peroid 2 wishes you luck Mr. Lapinski P.S come back soon so we dont have to deal with all these subs