Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kona Swag and Zoot Shoes...

So in Kona there's quite a bit of swag (stuff we all get) that you can pick up during the week.  I thought I'd put some of that stuff up here.

The Zoot Ali'i 4.0 Special Kona Edition. The Zoot Crew totally rocks for setting me up with these bad boys!

#42 of 200

Thanks to Zipp for the Kona Edition T-Shirt...and the fastest wheels in out there!  They KILLED the wheel count this year in Kona.

A Kona Edition Visor from Zoot

Tyr was out at the swim start on Monday handing these out...they gave me each color.  I wore them all week and to race, definitely sweet goggles!!  And polarized too.

Another hook up from Zipp...

And CycleOps, big things coming soon from them!  Can't wait for the release of the new powertap wheelsets and maybe to get my hands on a powerbeam pro trainer too.

Special Kona Edition Zoot Backpacks

Zipp Sack Pack

Though I don't have "yurbuds" I did try them, and they were pretty nice...I just couldn't justify the cost for headphones.

Best Sponsor Ever!  My travel bag from Zoot...I think I'm set for quite a while!  Thanks guys!!!

I have been getting a lot of questions about Zoot shoes, so I thought I'd go over some of them here, at least the ones that I've run in.  So here goes...and I'm no expert so take this for what it's worth.  The shoes are meant to be run sockless (you can wear socks if you want) and I have done all of my runs sockless...including two ironman races.

The Otec
I used them mainly as a high mileage trainer, a neutral shoe that would take a beating and keep coming back for more.  Not my favorite shoe to train in though.

The Kapilani
More of a stability high mileage trainer for me.  I didn't run all that much in these as they were a little too much shoe for me.

The Ultra TT 4.0
Hands down my favorite training shoe.  I would rotate between two pairs of these, and easily ran 700+miles in them this year.  They are enough shoe to train in, but still light enough to race in...although I never did race in them.  I absolutely love these shoes!  If there was one pair of shoes that I could own to run in...these would be them!

The Race 3.0
My shoe of choice for racing Ironman.  I ran in these for both Coeur d' Alene and in Kona.  I think there is just enough shoe to help go the distance, and they are so light that it feels like running on air.

The Speed
No laces, fast transitions and a perfect shoe for up to the half marathon distance.  I love these shoes, and they feel like I'm putting on slippers.

The Ultra Kalani 2.0
My new go to distance training shoe.  The more I run in these the more I like them...they are gaining ground on the Ultra TT!


No comments: