Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Are We Spoiled?

As I was watching the news this morning I saw something pretty incredible...the weather.  Sure I've complained about the gray crappy days, what can I say I love the sun.  But when I saw 56 on Thanksgiving and 60 on Friday of this week, the first thing that popped into my mind was the fact that I could get outside to ride...and that I will do.  Friday just turned into a long ride day.  It might be a solo long ride, but to be outside riding in 60 degree weather at the end of November in Chicago doesn't happen too often (or ever that I can remember) so I'm going to have to take advantage of it for sure!

I was kicking around the idea of signing up for IMAZ, but that idea was quickly shut down when it sold out in less than 10 minutes.  I have a feeling that signing up for Ironman races is going to get more difficult than racing them...alright maybe not more difficult, but it's going to be more stressful for sure.  See I can control my training and preparation...I can't control whether or not Active.com lets me click through things fast enough to get a spot in the race.  There has to be a better way.  I don't have a definite solution to fix that...but I have a thought or two.  Oh well, the WTC is making money hand over fist and they are a business so you can't blame them...it's just a little out of hand.  The prices of races keep going up, yet you aren't getting anything more from their races.  Shoot the finishers shirts in Kona were the worst quality I've received from a WTC event.  How does that work?  It's some no name "tech" tee where the sizing is all jacked up...my medium looks like it's an x-large.  For a race that costs that much they should customize the shirt to fit me, how about a "Retul" fit for finisher tee's...there's an idea.

Anyway, I'm ready for some nice weather this weekend...and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it. And here is the reason I want a Go Pro Camera...tell me this isn't sweet...



If only I could ride a mountain bike like that.

No comments: