Thursday, November 10, 2011

Looking for it...

This morning I found myself looking for power on the bike.  I'm not sure where it went, but it was not moving from my legs into the pedals. I tried everything I could to snap my body out of the funk it seemed to be in...but it wasn't happening.  I did stay the course, and went for it the entire time, so I'm just going to have to chalk this morning up to a character builder.  Remember you can't have an awesome workout every time right?  But that's what gets to me...I want that workout every time.  I suppose I've been greedy in that regard lately.  I want to improve every day, and I want to see improvement...well today just doing the work was improvement.  I'm glad I waited to write this because right after I was not the happiest.  There were moments I wanted to bag the set...but I stayed with it, even though I didn't nail it.  That's alright, I put in work this morning.

We had the coldest morning of the season here in Chicago this morning and I'm not going to lie it was quite refreshing riding in.  Maybe I'm whacked (ok I definitely am) but there is something awesome about having tears stream down the side of your face from the wind while riding that I really love!  I can't wait to get some of the new Zoot winter running gear...from the looks of it I'm going to need it soon!  Yesterday I  was able to run in shorts and a long sleeve shirt...might not have been the best idea as I never warmed up...so I think it's time to get some new gear.  If you haven't checked out the new Zoot running gear you're going to want to...it looks awesome and because it comes from Zoot I'm sure it performs amazingly well too! Check it out at http://www.zootsports.com/ and while you're there you might want to pick up some new running shoes as well.  I mean you can't run the Thanksgiving Turkey Trots in old kicks can you?

No comments: