Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Time for the Ninja

A while back my blender bit the dust.  Seeing how I love to make smoothies this was a hard pill to swallow.  Now I didn't want to buy just any old blender...but at the same time I couldn't justify $400 for a Vitamix or BlendTec.  So I was in this holding pattern for quite a while.  I'm not sure what prompted this, but last night I decided that I was going to go out and get a blender.  I think I just came to terms with the fact that a Vitamix wasn't in the cards for me and I just needed to suck it up and get a blender.  When I got to the store I was checking out the blenders on the shelf when it hit me...THE NINJA!  No the blender didn't actually hit me, but as it was displayed there on the counter I couldn't help but think of the good times blending we could have together...frozen fruit, fresh fruit, ice, protein powder, chia seeds, ice cream...oh the possibilities!  So I went for it.  Now you can see it in pictures because it's not in "true" ninja form.



The Ninja made this smoothie faster than I could take it out of the box...less than 10 seconds and I was in business.



Needless to say I'm pretty pumped about the Ninja.  I'm also pumped (no pun intented here) about the "Strength Training for Triathletes" book that I had ordered.  Hopefully I'll get a good jump start on it tonight before I get a swim in.



On the training front we had a solid class this morning at Endure It.  My legs felt fresh as I took yesterday pretty easy and just spun on the rollers for 60 minutes.  Work works!

No comments: