Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Snow?

So there are rumors that we might be seeing some snow flakes later today.  Obviously the snow won't stick, and we won't get to do anything with it.  But it means we're one step closer to being able to go skiing, snow shoeing, sledding.  I've been watching Warren Miller movies in the pain cave during the morning, and I totally have the itch to ski!  I've seen tons of pictures out west where they are getting snow already, and I'm not going to lie I'm a bit jealous.  We've had nothing but gray skies and rain...not my favorite.  I'm guessing it's not on anyones high list of weather either.  I do need to get my ski's into the shop to get them tuned up, and I'm going to buy some cross country ski's too.  I can't decide whether I want classic ski's or skate ski's.  Last year I went out and did some classic cross country skiing and I loved it...well besides the fact that my heels had huge blisters from the rental boots that is.

I have to take one of my dogs, Winther, in for knee surgery on Friday.  I'm not looking forward to it, the poor guy doesn't know it's coming.  Hopefully though after a few months he'll be good to go again and he'll be back to his crazy, happy self.  Roxy, my other dog, is going to be super confused without having her brother around.  The real question is how am I going to keep that psycho dog chilled out...they are going to need to give me some tranquilizers or something because he's nuts!

He's finally tired...but he hoards toys as you can see.

Putting on a show, I must have been holding a treat

Happy dogs waiting for me to come running by in a 10k, not sure how my Mom got them to relax, I'm sure after I went by they were pulling her to try to chase me.

Roxy chillin...she'll be happy to see Winther again on Saturday after I pick him up.

No comments: