Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Goals

I don't know why but time has been flying by lately!  It's crazy to think that today is November 1st.  With that in mind it's time to start getting into more structured types of workouts, and to hit some "base" distance/time goals.  With that said here are the planned base distances for the month of November:

Swim - 40,000 yards (I'm thinking about doing 50,000 though...we'll see)
Bike - 25 hours (Our November Challenge)
Run - 120 miles (I need to prepare for the December Running Challenge)
Strength Training - 2-3 sessions weekly

This isn't all that crazy, and should be attainable, especially with Masters Swimming starting up in a couple weeks.  I'm definitely looking forward to swimming with a group again.  I know I can do it on my own, but it's much more motivating with a group.

I kicked off the November Bike Challenge with the Tuesday morning Computrainer class.  It took some focus, but was well worth the effort.  I'm liking where my bike fitness is right now.  I need to work to hit numbers, but that work will all pay off.


The Best Part..."Shut Up and Ride"

I know this weekend we "fall back" and turn the clocks back an hour, so it will be nice to have an extra hour of sleep, but at the same time I'm going to kind of miss walking out of Endure It in the morning after class and seeing something along these lines...

Knowing that you've already put in a solid effort on the bike and seeing a sunrise is a great feeling! 

Time to figure out how I'm going to hit all of these goals I set forth for November...less than an hour riding a day (let's be serious that won't be an issue), 4 miles running (should be easy), and about 1400 in the pool daily...yep this is going to happen!

No comments: