Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's Not Always Easy

Do you ever have those days where immediately you know the workout is going to be a struggle?  Yep this morning was one of those sessions.  I had to focus far harder than I typically do in order to hold numbers.  A number like 70% shouldn't take as much focus as it did today...but races won't always be easy (and they shouldn't be) so I'm glad I stuck it out today.  Trust me there was a voice saying to just bag the workout and to just spin.  If I would have let that voice win then it gets stronger for the next time I'm not feeling the best.  The set wasn't killer, but my legs just had no pop at all.  Oh well, I'll chalk it up to a character building session.  I think I've had a few too many of those sessions lately.  The problem is you get done with Ironman, take it easy for a couple of weeks and then expect to be performing at the same level you did before...which was when you were peaking.  I need to remind myself I'm not peaking right now, and that's ok.  Every workout isn't going to be awesome, and that's ok.  It's about putting in the work, I need to keep putting in the work.

The November goals are coming along well...so far the totals are:

Swim - 1500.  38500 to go
Bike - 3.5 hours - 21.5 to go
Run - 9.5 miles - 110.5 to go

I plan on getting in the water today, tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday.  Hopefully Saturday and Sunday I can get some bigger yardage in.  I need to get a strength session in today as well...and I'll get a run in.  Work works.

And when I need a little motivation as to why I'm doing this again I check this out.  A friend of mine sent it to me before Hawaii...and it definitely helps!!



No comments: