Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Done...Bring on December

The month of November flew by!  I set out to hit some certain goals, and by the end of today I will have met those goals, which I feel pretty good about. I guess it's time to raise the bar a little because these weren't that difficult to hit...not that goals have to be hard to hit, but I'm typically up for a challenge.  The December Running Challenge starts tomorrow, that will defintitely get hard, as I'm sure there will be days where I don't want to run. But knowing there are other people out there doing the challenge you can bet that I'll get my butt out there too!

Something funny happened on my ride home yesterday, my friend Vic and I were riding together and we were both on single speed 29ers, which are pretty awesome.  I commented on how the bikes were amazing and how you could take them anywhere...at which time I took off to take a short cut up a curb, over some dirt and to the otherside.  Well I guess that Vic was thinking the same thing.  Luckily for me I won the whole shot and hit the section of dirt first, unlucky for Vic was that I jumped on the pedals before him as he took a little digger and I grabbed the tree.  We were both laughing the whole time...but the best part was that there was some little kid, probably like 5th or 6th grade that came up to us to ask if we were alright.  It was really nice of the kid, but he totally had a look on his face like we were a couple of idiots.  That little mishap definitely makes me want to hit up some more single track.   Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get out to the trails.

Roxy continues to like her stay at my parents house...as you can see by this picture of her and Gus chillin on the couch watching TV...must be rough.



And then you have Winther who gets so excited to show me all of his toys that he totally crashes out right after...and even sleeps covered up under blankets...

No comments: