Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Work Works...and Someone Who Taught Me That

First of all I should start with sending some birthday wishes to my Dad...Happy Birthday Dad!  I have to say that I owe a lot to my Dad (and you to Mom because I know you read this and he doesn't) because he (and this does include you too Mom...that will be my disclaimer from here on out haha) taught me one of the most important lessons in life...you need to WORK for what you get.  Sure there are times where life isn't fair, and although you worked harder than someone else, and are probably more deserving than someone else they may get what you desire.  But he instilled in me the crazy work ethic that I have...so when he nods his head and thinks I'm crazy for doing the things that I do...he has no one to blame but himself. 

My Dad has always worked hard, I remember when I was a little kid he'd be working in the shop in our basement well after we had already gone to sleep.  He would get up on the weekend early to get work done so that we could play hockey, go to college, ect...  He taught me that work works, and nothing else is going to get you to your goals.  I wouldn't say that I've ever been the most gifted athlete, but I will say that odds are I worked harder than anyone on my teams.  Thanks to this life long lesson that my Dad taught me I was able to live out a dream and race in Kona...and because of that race I now need to work harder to get back there. 

Thanks Dad and Happy Birthday


On that note, I had a solid day of "work" yesterday and it started right back up this morning with an hour ride on the rollers.  Nothing too tough, just spinning and getting the day started off right.  The new pain cave is definitely an upgrade and motivation to get work done.  Running yesterday didn't feel all that great, but I'm hoping that changes with time...as I know the more I run the better I'll feel.  We have amazing weather right now in Chicago for November, and it would be great if we could keep it like this for a while, or if the snow would come.


No comments: