Monday, November 14, 2011

Life Is Good

I've been pretty busy, but life's been good. Friday morning I had to take Winther in to have surgery on his knee.  The poor guy was not too happy about it, and still isn't the happiest, but he's getting better every day.  By next summer he should be ready to rock and should be good as new.  He already wants to run around, and keeping him chill is tough!  Roxy is having a nice vacation at grandma and grandpa's house though...so Winther is kind of lonely I think.

Beyond that things are rolling along nicely.  I'm starting to solidify my schedule a bit for next year, and am excited about it.  I have a lot of work to do though...a lot of work!

Yesterday I went and ran Waterfall Glen with the boy's. We decided to run it "backwards" which is a nice change of pace, and I even took a couple of different access roads to get a different view.  Not going to lie though I almost hit the deck about half way through when I heard gun shots...the Lemont Police Shooting Range is nearby and they must have been practicing, or the thugs of unincorporated DuPage County were "offing" someone in the woods...I'm guessing it was the Police.  While we were running I saw the dude who "raced" me there last week, kind of funny...I decided not to race him again this week as we were going opposite directions.  I think I've only missed one weekend of running there since I've been back from Hawaii. Kind of funny because I don't think I ran there this much all summer.  The soft surface is great, and something about running there in the fall is awesome! 

Here is Winther on his way to the Vet...not too thrilled!

No comments: